EPABX (Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange)
EPABX is an associate abbreviation that stands for Electronic non-public Automatic Branch Exchange. It comes underneath the class of business phone systems that serve a business surrounding. Multi-line affiliations are created through one telecommunication connection. It is office equipment of immense use for telephonic connectivity with extensions of a single phone line. It is rented from workplace instrumentality suppliers too.
Digital point home automation service in Trivandrum, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam provide you the best services for automatic water level controller. Now there is no need for manually switching on the motor giving simple easy effortless solution to your problems.
Business Phone System for Office Communication
EPABX has proven to be of immense use in communicating within the office, making routine work simpler. It can be defined as a switching system for calls that enables both internal as well as external switching functions in an organization. Typically up to ten,000 subscribers can be accommodated by a single EPABX system.
Range of Functions
EPABX is a business phone system possesses a versatile range of functions. Digital Point provides the service and solution in Kollam, Trivandrum, Kottayam, Kochi.
The numerous tasks which will be performed by EPABX are listed below.
- Auto Attendant
- Automatic call distributor
- Automated directory services (where callers are routed to a given worker by keying or speaking the letters of the employee’s name)
- Automatic ring back
- Call accounting
- Call forwarding on the absence
- Call forwarding on busy
- Call park
- Call pick-up
- Call transfer
- Call waiting
- Conference call
- Custom greetings
- Customized Abbreviated dialing (Speed Dialing)
- Direct Inward Dialing
- Direct Inward System Access (DISA) (the ability to access internal options from an outdoor phone to phone line)
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Music on hold
- Night service
- Shared message boxes (where a department will have a shared voicemail box)
- Voice mail
- Voice paging (PA system)
Components of EPABX
- Internal switching network.
- Microcontrollers and PC for whimsical processing for management and also the logic.
- Logic cards, switch and management cards, power cards and connected devices to facilitate operation.
- Stations or telephone sets sometimes called lines.
- External public-service corporation trunks that deliver signals to and from the EPABX.
- Console or patchboard permits the operator to regulate incoming calls.
- UPS, connecting wiring, cabinets and other housing materials.
Within an office environment, EPABX can also be used as an intercom system. Digital Point provides the service and solution in Kollam, Trivandrum, Kottayam, Kochi. This will save organizations from spending money on phone calls that are routed through a public exchange. Typical features in EPABX include:
- Music on hold – This feature is particularly useful when a call is being transferred from one user to another. Different music can be loaded on the equipment and you can change it from time to time so that they don’t become boring for users.
- Find me follow me – This feature is particularly useful if you move within the organization from time to time. By keying the key number on one of the extensions your call from any source (external or internal) will be directed to a particular number you choose. For example, if you are in the conference room you can get calls diverted to the conference room for example. When you go back to your cabin you can divert it back there as you wish.
- Mobile integration – This feature will let you use your mobile phone as an extension of the EPABX. It is almost like having an internal mobile phone system, and it can be used for making outgoing calls from your mobile phone itself rather depend on one of the extensions attached to the EPABX.
- Call distribution feature – This feature is particularly beneficial for use in call centers. EPABX systems with this feature will be able to automatically sense extensions that are not engaged in conversation and distribute calls evenly between the different agents. This will help an organization to distribute the workload on employees evenly and save money.
- Call recording – This feature is particularly important when you have to keep track of who is calling that number. EPABX systems with the feature will keep a tag on the time, the duration of the call, the number called and even information on who called and at what time. This feature is particularly important if you have to ensure that users don’t misuse the system for their personal use.
- Interface with a standard computer – Typically most EPABX is nowadays made to work in tandem with a personal computer. The benefits are you will be able to keep a perfect record of all calls received, develop a database of contact numbers and for following up calls your agents have missed.
With so many features and more, EPABX these days are indispensable. They are also capable of being used with fax machines and selectively barring or providing special calling facilities. They are generally secure and save money for organizations.